Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

Welcome to my travel blog!

I hope you will find my posts interesting and informative and have a little fun while you are here too. I love travel and experiencing different cultures and I hope to share my passion with you all. Some of my favorite places to visit are in the Caribbean, I love a great beach with amazing palm trees swaying in the breeze. Join me as I write and I hope to inspire others to travel as well.



Saturday, August 6, 2011

Traveling solo

Traveling along with Me, myself and I

Traveling solo is an awesome way to see the world, meet new people and spend some time with yourself! Sometimes we need to do this to recover from a life event or sometimes “I just want to go someplace where I can just marvel at something” as said so perfectly by Ms. Julia Roberts.

In the past, the thought of being a solo traveler on a cruise ship meant taking out a loan just to pay for the cabin. Thank goodness for NCL who introduced “Epic Studios” last year when the awesome Norwegian Epic debuted. Talk about marvel! The studios are designed specifically for the solo traveler but more importantly so is the pricing. No more double occupancy requirements and single supplements that can double the cost that is typically 200% of the cruise fare because you must pay for the absent “roommate”. The concept was such a hit that they’ll be more to come when Norwegian introduces more new ships in the coming years. Royal Caribbean followed when it unveiled cabins for solo travelers with the revamped Radiance of the Seas this past June.

But it doesn’t stop there. Several cruise lines are catching on. While they may not have specific designed cabins for a single passenger, they are offering reduced single supplements or waiving it altogether. Avalon Waterways is celebrating the new movement by offering river cruises for the solo traveler on select itineraries in October. Ah, a cruise experience through the Danube River with me, myself and I! Now that has my name written all over it.



Why the sudden change in cruising? Some of us just enjoy traveling alone. What do you want to marvel at? Let us know.

Until next time,



Jessica Dempsey
JD Travel Planning

Creating memorable vacations everyday, let yours be next.....

No comments:

Post a Comment