Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

Welcome to my travel blog!

I hope you will find my posts interesting and informative and have a little fun while you are here too. I love travel and experiencing different cultures and I hope to share my passion with you all. Some of my favorite places to visit are in the Caribbean, I love a great beach with amazing palm trees swaying in the breeze. Join me as I write and I hope to inspire others to travel as well.



Monday, November 20, 2017

Today we are in Ocho Rios







James Bond Beach


Today we are in Ocho Rios(aka Ochi)


Ochi is the garden of Jamaica, where rolling green hills spill over onto white sandy coves and turquoise blue waters of a craggy coastline. Ochi is buzzing with activities, shops, restaurants and nightlife. Here there is a perfect mix of excitement and serenity.

Here are my top tips



Rainforest at Mystic Mountain - See Ochi from a different vantage point. Taking a tropical forest adventure tour up to the 700 foot mystic mountain peak will do just that! This amazing attraction in Ocho Rios offers many adventure tours for all ages. Explore the forests rich eco-system, sparking rivers and spectacular views. Here you can enjoy bobsledding thru the forest, zip lining or coasting through the sky on a chair lift....whatever you're up for.





Green Grotto Caves - Time and tide have etched the limestone Green Grotto Caves, lined with the green algae that gives them their name. The caverns are home to bats and marine life, and over the centuries they’ve been a hideout for fugitives and runaway slaves.Hidden away in an inner cavern is the crystal-clear Grotto Lake. Overhead, pockets in the limestone provide filtered light through the caverns’ forest of stalactites and stalagmites.



Dunns River Falls - One of Jamaica's national treasures. Flowing falls extend up 600 feet, here you can climb the falls and hangout a lagoons and pools along the way. This is one of the most popular tours in Ochi. It is breathtaking and not to be missed!


Goldeneye Boutique Hotel - For my James Bond fans, stay here where Ian Fleming lived while birthing the character we all love "007". This is truly a unique and special property, please let me know if you would like more information. For those who cannot stay here, I recommend a visit to James Bond Beach which is located east of Ocho Rios on the island’s northeastern coast (just a little east of Oracabessa). It offers fabulous views and a heavenly tropical setting. The particular claim to fame for this beach is the fact that Ian Fleming spent a lot of time here enjoying Jamaica’s ambience.

Thank you for learning more about one of my favorite Caribbean destinations! For more info check out my blog www.jdtravelplanning.com

No comments:

Post a Comment