Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

Welcome to my travel blog!

I hope you will find my posts interesting and informative and have a little fun while you are here too. I love travel and experiencing different cultures and I hope to share my passion with you all. Some of my favorite places to visit are in the Caribbean, I love a great beach with amazing palm trees swaying in the breeze. Join me as I write and I hope to inspire others to travel as well.



Thursday, October 26, 2017

Today we are in Montego Bay







Montego Bay(MBJ)  is an exciting vibrant "hotspot" in the Caribbean. Renowned for its beauty and range of activities.  MBJ offer a variety of intriguing attractions. Nature lovers, history buffs, thrill seekers and those who love to shop will find plenty to do here in addition to amazing beaches and water activities.



My top recommendations



  • Explore the "Hip Strip" Gloucester Ave is a mile long stretch of shopping, dining and partying, it is lively day and night. Be sure to check out Margaritaville with its 110' long chute that drops patrons from the deck into the sea.



  • For my foodies I highly recommend the Sugar Mill Restaurant at the Half Moon Resort and Pier 1 on the Waterfront.



  • History lovers, we've got you covered. The Cage which is a 19th century jail for runaway slaves and drunks.  Visit Rose Hall Great House and hear the eerie tales of the "white witch" Annie Palmer.  I also recommend taking a day trip to Falmouth- about 22 miles away,  you will find lots of history here as its one of the earliest planned urban developments.  They had running water before NYC. There was thriving commerce and culture in its heyday but the demise of rum and sugar production halted all of that.  Falmouth is ready for a revival.  Founded in 1790 rich in colonial history, Georgian architecture and cobblestone streets.  Arrange a Heritage walk with a local expert to experience it all.



  • Thrill seekers will enjoy ziplining through the jungle canopy, off road exploring on an ATV, splashing through the surf on horseback and river tubing, and bamboo river rafting on the scenic Martha Brae. When night falls head over to the Glistening Waters Marina for a tour on the bioluminescent lagoon.





Margaritaville

Sugar Mill at Half Moon Resort

Rafting on the Martha Brae


No comments:

Post a Comment