Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

Welcome to my travel blog!

I hope you will find my posts interesting and informative and have a little fun while you are here too. I love travel and experiencing different cultures and I hope to share my passion with you all. Some of my favorite places to visit are in the Caribbean, I love a great beach with amazing palm trees swaying in the breeze. Join me as I write and I hope to inspire others to travel as well.



Thursday, October 12, 2017

Today we are in Jamaica



Jamaica is a very popular destination, many people once they travel here will return again and again.
It's a great place for families, honeymooners, destination weddings, golf groups, girls getaways and more. It is so easy to fly into Jamaica from most US or Canadian gateways. Yes you can drink the water, everyone speaks English and most places will accept the USD(and if not it's super to to find an exchange).

Aside from the above, my top 5 reasons(and believe me there are many more) to visit this incredible island are just below. Over the next few weeks I will focus on different areas within the country, so stay tuned.

Why visit Jamaica?

1) The people! Jamaicans are such a fun loving people who are full of pride. You can learn much about their culture and history through their dance, music and food. They love to chat you up.....just ask! The warmth of the people will keep you coming back.


2)Miles and miles of beautiful beaches, coves, waterfalls and rugged coastlines.


3)Jamaican food is fresh and locally sourced, so colorful and full of flavor it's not to be missed! Be sure to try some local Jerk cuisine and the national dish of ackee and saltfish.


4)Water sports are everywhere, whether you are a pro or a beginner needing instruction, there is adventure for everyone. You can go snorkeling, scuba diving, surfing(at Boston Beach), windsurfing and more.


5)Hotels and accommodations are abundant here. Jamaica is the birthplace of the All-Inclusive concept. But don't worry, there are many more options including villas, luxury hotels, boutique properties and more. The list of accommodations is substantial, I always recommend using a travel professional to help find the perfect stay for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment