Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

Welcome to my travel blog!

I hope you will find my posts interesting and informative and have a little fun while you are here too. I love travel and experiencing different cultures and I hope to share my passion with you all. Some of my favorite places to visit are in the Caribbean, I love a great beach with amazing palm trees swaying in the breeze. Join me as I write and I hope to inspire others to travel as well.



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Celebrity Eclipse - Trendy and high tech cruising at its best!

I recently read an article in Vacation Agent about the new Celebrity Eclipse. The article talks about this ships modern trendy design and its high tech touches. The Celebrity Eclipse is the 3rd to debut of 4 ships in the very popular Solstice Class. This trendy high tech ship is quite large at 122,000 tons carrying 2850 passengers and 1250 crew members with a total of 1426 staterooms. The ship offers iPad art tours, the menu at Qsine is presented on an iPad and there is the Celebrity iLounge where there are more than 20 MacBook Pros for guests to use. The trendy iLounge also offers Apple products for sale and classes on Apple products. The contemporary decor on this ship make it attractive for many different cruisers, especially those looking for great food (in the 10 dining venues), fabulous entertainment and the amazing Elemis Spa. This ship is also great for Honeymooners and romance travel, with all the intimate spots on board the ship, the wonderful ports of call and top accommodations this would be perfect for couples in love.

I had the pleasure of sailing on board the Celebrity Eclipse in a Deluxe Ocean-View Stateroom with a Veranda. The room was quite large and I was very impressed with the modern granite counter tops, white leather furniture and the top-of-the line bathroom. The shower was large with glass doors and a foot rest to use while shaving(you ladies will appreciate this).Around every corner was something trendy and high tech, I loved the iLounge and found the Apple trained staff to be very helpful. The artwork on display was amazing, the Martini Bar with its frosted top and the Molecular Bar with drinks cooled by nitrogen were very popular gathering spots. I enjoyed walking on the half acre of grass at the Lawn Club. Another interesting spot was the glass blowing studio at the Corning Museum of Glass. The Celebrity Eclipse is very well appointed and I know the Solstice Class will continue to be very popular. The 4th ship the Celebrity Silhouette will debut in July 2011 and will be sailing from our nearby port in Bayonne, NJ.

Until next time,



Jessica Dempsey
Cruise Planners

Creating memorable vacations everyday, let yours be next.....







1 comment:

  1. Great pics Jessica! I just love those Celebrity ships. So much to do and I love the martini bar, too.

    Marian Krueger
    travelshopgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete