Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

Welcome to my travel blog!

I hope you will find my posts interesting and informative and have a little fun while you are here too. I love travel and experiencing different cultures and I hope to share my passion with you all. Some of my favorite places to visit are in the Caribbean, I love a great beach with amazing palm trees swaying in the breeze. Join me as I write and I hope to inspire others to travel as well.



Friday, January 7, 2011

Onboard with Disney Cruise Line

I have to tell you my love of cruising began with Disney Cruise Line onboard the Magic, I sailed on her twice and loved every minute of my experiences. With Disney it's all about the experience including the service, the entertainment, the characters, the amazing onboard staff and the WOW factor! The rates initially may seem more but you get what you pay for and so many things are included in your cruise fare that other lines charge extra for. What is included is your comfortable staterooms, all meals including 24 hr room service, sodas - snacks and more, amazing broadway caliber shows and onboard entertainment for all ages throughout the day and night, age appropriate supervised kids clubs for ages 3-17,(including teen only spaces), fireworks at sea and the famous Disney service. Whats not included are alcoholic beverages, spa treatments, specialty dining at Palo's or Remy's(so worth the cover charge though IMHO) and childcare for ages 12 weeks - 3yrs of age in a beautiful nursery center with highly trained staff. Disney Cruise Line is for people of all ages we saw many family groups, young singles and honeymooners onboard!

 Our favorite port of call is Castaway Cay(Disneys private island-more on that next post). We just love how Disney makes you feel so special onboard the ship. The little things like our dining room server remembering our favorite drinks and making our children feel so special - like they were the only ones in the room, the towel animals in our stateroom at night, the smiling faces from everyone we passed in the hallways, to the "magical encounters" with the Disney characters. On our 2nd cruise which was 2yrs after the 1st we ran into our dining room server and favorite kids club staff member and they remembered our family! How amazing is that! These are some of the reasons we keep coming back. I will be sailing with my family and friends onboard the new Dream in February and cannot wait. I will post more after that cruise.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica - I'll also be on the Dream, although in January. Can't wait to see your take on it and how it compares to the Magic.

    ReplyDelete